Any major purchase requires research, careful analysis, consideration, and thought. Atlanta home buying isn’t any different. Determining the right location, the number of bedrooms or bathrooms needed, and outdoor space may come more quickly to mind. However, there are many other factors to think about in your home search. At northeastatlantarealty.com, we consider it our privilege to share with you the ins and outs of buying real estate. From your initial search to the moment you get the keys to your new home, we will be there, guiding you through the process. We'll even help you find the best mortgage rates, as not every broker will offer the same programs and rates.
As a potential home buyer, you may have a list of “everything” you want or need for your new home. As your agents, we will work with you to help you realize that list and find you the best Atlanta home to suit you. If you are competing for a home and need to write a backup offer or have contingencies, we can help you with that at well.
Finding the right home can be difficult, but with us on your side, you will find the process is quite simple. We love helping first time home buyers and seasoned sellers locate the right home.
Explore our local communities and search homes throughout the Atlanta area to get a feel for pricing and features and then contact us to get more specific information on our towns. If you'd like to tour local Georgia homes, we'd love to go with you and show you the many options available in Atlanta real estate.
Give us a call to see how we can help you find the home of your dreams!
1. Don't buy based on your emotions! We've seen so many buyers become emotionally invested in a beautiful home that isn't realistically perfect for them. Sometimes the outer appearance of a home can win over your emotions before your brain has time to consider the price and thoroughly inspect the place. Remember that although a home is a place where you'll be living for a long period of time, it's also a big life decision financially.
2. Remember that the biggest house isn't always the best. The biggest home on the street can seem like the most attractive, but realistically, your home is only going to go up in value in comparison to the homes around it. So if the homes around the big expensive home are much lesser in value, no matter how much they go up in value, yours may only go up slightly.
3. Check under the hood before you buy. Homes are more than just their outside appearance. It is so important to inspect a home and its property before buying to make sure there are not any serious land issues or home problems.Our Bunch Team real estate agents would love to help you through this stage and can even recommend some great home inspectors in the area!
4. Do your research on the neighborhood! It may sound funny, but don't hesitate to do some stalking on the area around your home! Check out what goes on in the neighborhood during all hours of the day, and even test the commute from your home to your work or the local grocery stores. It's better to know about annoying neighborhood dogs before your buy than once you're locked in.
5. Don't take any financial risks while you're looking to buy a home. In order to make yourself more appealing to lenders, don't make any risky financial decisions while you're looking to get a loan for a home. Keep your money where it is for a while, and focus on looking good to lenders!
6. Think about your long-term plans. It may seem weird to consider the future selling market for your home...as you're buying the home, but your future self will thank you! Consider if the local area is growing or appears to be declining and whether other homes in the area have decreased or increased in value. Especially if you're only planning on living in the home for a short period of time, make sure you think about how easy it would be to sell the home in the future.
7. Make a check-list of your top 5 most important items for your home to have. There are so many things you could want your home to have, but realistically, there are only a handful of "make it or break it" items. Think about the 5 things that you just couldn't live without in a home, such as a yard for your kids and pets, or enough bathrooms for everyone to shower in the morning. Talk about these things with your Bunch Team real estate agents so you can work together to find a home that fits the lists!
8. Don't buy a home based on the view alone. If you don't own the land that the view is on, don't buy a home just for the view. Future construction projects can come along and destroy that view, and leave you looking at big buildings in a home you never truly loved.
9. Talk to a lender before you start looking at homes to get pre-approved! Save yourself the wasted energy of looking at homes you really can't afford, and have a lender look at your financial information to let you know how much they will lend you so you can know what price range to look at.
10. Have a well trusted and experienced real estate agent on your side! Buying a home can be stressful, time-consuming and complicated. Our team of expert professionals here at Bunch Team Keller Williams is ready to walk you through the process of buying a home with ease and care while helping to find you the home of your dreams!
If you're ready to begin looking for your new home, or simply want more information about our team, give us a call at 678-775-2605!